MENU OF STORIES
(latest at the top)
Whale Watching, 8/31/05
Marshfield Fair, 8/24/05
North River, 8/17/05
World's End, Hingham, 8/10/05
Plymouth Waterfront, 8/3/05
Blue Hill, 7/27/05
Loring Hall Cinema, Hingham, 7/20/05
Band Concerts, 7/13/05
Summer Concerts, 7/13/05
Adams House, Quincy, 7/6/05
Nantasket Beach, Hull, 6/29/05
It's summertime, and the listening is easy
Get ready to snap your fingers and tap your feet. Free summer concerts are going on weekly in more than a dozen South Shore communities. So grab the kids and some lawn chairs for an evening of music and fun.
- Abington Cultural Council, Catherine and Joseph Nisby Bandstand, Gliniewicz Way, 7 p.m.
- July 13: Abington Community Band
- July 27: New Blue Revue
- Aug. 10: Wildcat Summer Band of Weymouth
- Aug. 17: The Wolverine Jazz Band
- Aug. 24: The Satuit Band
- Sunset Lake Concert Series, 6 p.m., Sunset Lake, Safford St. (Off Route 37)
- July 26: Back Bay Rhythm Makers
- Aug. 2: Java Jive
- Aug. 19: Back Eddie Bluegrass
Recreation Department Summer Concert Series, 7 p.m., Canton High School, 900 Washington St.:
- July 13: Canton Community Band
- July 20: To be announced.
- July 27: Joan Penny Band
- Aug. 3: The Leafmen
- Aug. 10: Squirrel Hill Band
- Aug. 17: To be announced
South Shore Playhouse Association, 7:30 p.m., town Common, Highland Ave.:
- July 26: South Shore Concert Band
The following groups will perform from 7 to 8:30 p.m. during the Hanover summer concert series at the town bandstand on Route 139.
- July 17: Crossroads Blues Project
- July 24: Old Kids on the Block
- July 31: Uncle Dave’s Garage
- Aug. 7: Boston City Band
- Aug. 14: O’Reillys
- Aug. 21: Four Guys in Tuxes
- Aug. 28: Dale and the Duds
- Sept. 5: The Satuit Band at 6 p.m.
- Hanson Town Hall Summer Concert Committee, Town Hall, 7 p.m., 542 Liberty St.
- July 13: South Shore Concert Band
- July 20: South Shore Concert Band
- July 27: Back Eddy Bluegrass Band
- Holbrook Cultural Council, 7 p.m., Holbrook Gazebo, S. Franklin St.:
- July 26: Bak-ta-Bak
- Aug. 2: Boston City Band
- Bernie King Pavilion on Nantasket Beach, Route 3A, 2 p.m.
- July 10: Neil Perry Dixieland Band
- July 17: The Meltons
- July 24: The Continentals
- Marshfield Recreation Department and Cultural Council, Town Green, Moraine St., 6 p.m.
- July 17: Part Time Lovers Band
- July 24: Family Concert, with Mr. Djat at 5 p.m. and Armstrong Brothers at 6 p.m.
- July 31: South Shore Bay Band
- Aug. 7: The Infractions
- Milton Parks and Recreation, Baron Hugo Gazebo, Town Green, Canton Ave., 6:30 p.m.
- July 19: An Enchanted Evening with Paul Agnew and the John Capavella Quartet
- July 26: Part Time Lovers
- Aug. 2: Canton American Legion Band
- Aug. 9: Four Guys in Tuxes
- Aug. 16: Black Velvet Band
- Aug. 23: Ken Lodge and the Baron Hugo Orchestra
- Entertainment on The Green, Town Green, Center St., 6 p.m.
- July 25: Basic Blue
- Aug. 15: Hot Nine from Dedham
- Aug. 22: Basic Blue
- Aug. 29: PJ Lowe, Digital Disc Jockey Productions
- Ruth Gordon Ampitheater, One Marymount Parkway, 7 p.m.
- July 13: Dennis O'Gorman
- July 20: Riverside Theater Works
- July 27: Dave Samarco
- Aug. 3: To be announced.
- Williams Gazebo, North St., 7 to 8 p.m.
- July 19: Roy Scott Big Band
- July 26: Kadima Band
- Aug. 2: Barry & Friends
- Aug. 9: Bill & Bo Winiker Band
- Aug. 16: 6:30-7:30 p.m., Jimmy Allen Band
- Aug. 23, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Red Beard Trio
- Massachusetts Cultural Council, Weymouth, Ralph Talbot Ampitheater, 75 Middle St., 6:30 p.m.
- July 14: Brass Connection
- July 21: The Westwood Swing Band
- July 28: Quintessential Brass
- Aug. 4: Johnny the K
- Aug. 11: 7:30 p.m., The Wildcat Summer Band, followed by a showing of "Shrek 2" at 8:30 p.m.
- Aug. 18: 7:30 p.m., The Wildcat Summer Band, followed by a showing of "Shark Tales" at 8:30 p.m.